From the beginning, the Primary Colours/Couleurs primaires initiative has been developed as a series of partnerships. Our partnership approach encourages collaboration on arts research questions, arts policy development, design of gatherings and incubation of new arts initiatives.
This partnership approach is guided by these 4 principles:
- Partnerships are based on relationality and they build trust through transparency. This approach is consistent with the Indigenous values of the 5 r’s with which PC/Cp works.
- The initiative is a strategic knowledge generator which distills, circulates and amplifies this knowledge. As a consequence, we strive to forgo the usual passive funder-client relationship with our partners in favour of a more dynamic rapport based on reciprocity.
- We place artists at the centre of our partnerships. We take care of them well and we do not expect them to provide any of their own funds, when involved in our projects.
- We have expressly requested partnership or strategic initiative monies - outside of the artists’ funding streams. In this way, we do not access programs that assist artists directly.
We are genuinely grateful for the generous and sustained support that we have received. Primary Colours/Couleurs primaires has developed three types of partnerships:
1. Foundations, Arts Councils and Government Ministries & Agencies
These partners provide financial support and, in some cases, other resources:
2. Arts Institutions, Arts Organizations & Businesses
These partners provide administrative support, in-kind services, resources, venues and offices:
3. Incubation Project Partners
These partners have initiated Incubation Projects which have been or will be financially supported by Primary Colours/Couleurs primaires:
- for more information about our Incubation Project Partners please click here